Sunday, November 22, 2009

All That You Can't Leave Behind(Where I End and You Begin)

Standing on a cliff and staring at a plane that is flying above him,Lucas wondered,"Will anything be the same again?"
A Few Days Ago
"Hey you,"said a voice from behind.
"How are you,Elena?"
"I'm fine,Lucas."
Lucas looked at Elena worriedly.He felt as if there was something on her mind
"Are you sure you're alright?"asked Lucas.
"Normally...you'd be hyper and talkative.But,you seem so quiet today,like you're thinking about something.
"Lucas,I'm fine.Don't worry about me.It's nothing"
"Oh sure...Elena,"Lucas said sarcastically."How long have I known you?"he asked.
"About 10 to 15 years?"Elena said uncertainly.
"Yeah,it's been 15years since we've become friends.I've got to know all your ways.I know that when you're troubled or sad you'll always come to this place to sit here to ponder."
Elena remained quiet.
"So what's on your mind?"Lucas asked.
"Well it's nothing Lucas.Don't worry about me.I'll be fine,"said Elena.
"If you say so,just know that I'll always be here for you"assured Lucas.
"Thanks Lucas"
They both smiled and departed.Lucas felt that Elena was hiding something.He wondered and worried about her.
The following day
"Hey Lucas.Can we talk?"asked Elena.
"Sure,"he replied."Hang on.I'll get this sorted out first and I'll be right with you."
Elena stared at Lucas while she was struggling with her thoughts.She wasn't so sure whether she should tell him.She looked at him and had doubts
"Yeah Elena,what was it you wanted to talk about?"
"Nah,it's nothing.I've kind of forgotten what I wanted to say."
"Are you sure?"asked Lucas.He had a feeling that something was bothering her.
"Yeah,let's go to the cafeteria for our lunch.
As they walked down the hallway to the cafeteria,Elena was comtemplating with herself,wondering whether she should tell Lucas about it.Meanwhile,Lucas pondered,"What's on her mind?"
When they reached the cafeteria,Lucas and Elena headed to the tray section to get a tray.They walked to the counter to get their lunch and then to the cashier.
To be continued
I got it from' Cahaya'

No comments:

Post a Comment